Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the trunk/ gas button door plate for a 2000 passat in black, but the dealer said that the peice was part of the entire door panel and they don't sell the peice by itself (sounds like BS). I looked on 1stvwparts and I don't see the part on there either. Can anyone link me to the site that sells it or the part number itself for black?

Thanks guys/girls

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,
I think I'm looking for the same part. Like a buffoon I walked into my gas lid after filling up. Now I'm looking everywhere to try to find this part number so my relative from Germany can bring it over. I found an exploded diagram online but of course it listed a bunch of other back component parts without referencing the visible gas tank lid. Am I understanding correctly that this gas lid is part of the door panel?

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
The OP was looking for the trim piece inside the car on the door. You're looking for a 'gas door'. They should be available on ebay for not much $ or at a local junkyard if you have any close by. Try to match the color code of your car. Some colors (blue, gray, etc) come in various shades that are close but not exact and you WILL notice it if the gas door isn't the same color.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On the B5.5, the gas door is part of the assembly that sits around the filler neck. It's like a $40 part and it's only held in with at screw at the bottom.

Source: My wagon didn't include a gas door with purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The OP was looking for the trim piece inside the car on the door. You're looking for a 'gas door'. They should be available on ebay for not much $ or at a local junkyard if you have any close by. Try to match the color code of your car. Some colors (blue, gray, etc) come in various shades that are close but not exact and you WILL notice it if the gas door isn't the same color.
I was feeling courageous and ready to re-attach it with some sort of small hinge but now I've completely lost the dam thing! I'll find it somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the B5.5, the gas door is part of the assembly that sits around the filler neck. It's like a $40 part and it's only held in with at screw at the bottom.

Source: My wagon didn't include a gas door with purchase.
I see, Any idea what the part number was on that find?

·
Registered
26,187 Posts
You can look up parts on several dealer websites. Enter your VIN or model year. I've used this one before:

I show Part# 3B0809857E listed for a B5 V6 4mo sedan. Not sure what you have and if they changed from year to year, FWD to AWD or wagon to sedan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts