Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i dont know if you guys have had the same troubles as me with cleaning my interior but i asked a manager at work and he pointed my to these products.
i used a scrubbing brush and a toothbrush to reach the hard spots. vacuumed it up with a shopvac. i did my seat but i was in a hurry and half assed it. will need to redo that part in the future.

i picked these materials at menards hardware store. pretty sure these are located at walmart or target, whichever you preffer.
-rubbermaid heavy duty carpet cleaner
- rubbermaid stain and spot remover
- and then i just used a auto scotch gaurd

i dont know what this is but its under my gas pedal

under my seat

after i put my saet back in

before i cleaned the door pannel. mainly just from dirty hands from oil changes and working on abs sensor

after

iv had troubles finding cleaners to get rid of the stains on my floor just thought id share with everyone and say these cleaners work.

hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That looks good, thanks for the info on the cleaners.
Nothing I hate more than buying something and it just being a waste of time and money

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks John... I'll have to look for those carpet products. Having switched from black carpets in my B5 to the beige carpets in the B6, the marks the beige shows is frankly horrific! :icon_eek:

Hopefully these will clean my car up nicely.

Why the hell would VW put beige carpet in cars, particularly cars destined to full, four-season countries? :mad: Put in black carpets... ferchrissakes!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sop remover should do the trick. I had a greese stain on my floor which was sitting for about a month and I was shocked when it came out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This might be a stupid question but, how did you remove your seat? Mine looks worse under the seats. I'm going to be replacing the arm rest soon and i want to clean under the seats at the same time i do that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The spot removal and carpet cleaner is all made by rubbermaid. I picked theses up at my work(menards). The don't have a store in your state so try a walmart of some sort.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks John... I'll have to look for those carpet products. Having switched from black carpets in my B5 to the beige carpets in the B6, the marks the beige shows is frankly horrific! :icon_eek:

Hopefully these will clean my car up nicely.

Why the hell would VW put beige carpet in cars, particularly cars destined to full, four-season countries? :mad: Put in black carpets... ferchrissakes!
The next time you clean your carpets, go to Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com and order a set of their interior floor liners in beige. They'll protect your carpeting from further stains like nothing else can. And cleaning them is a snap. Just pull them out, dump any loose dirt in the trash, then hose them down. After they're completely dry (won't take long), put 'em back in your car. They also make liners for your trunk as well. I bought floor and trunk liners for my 2014 TSI right after I got the car. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about my carpeting getting all grubby and worn through normal use.
I highly recommend WeatherTech's products - they work. :thumbup:
BTW, to answer your question, VW puts beige carpets in their cars for the same reason any other car maker does - to match the rest of the beige interior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts