Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a new alliance called Pog. They are small, only 10 players, but their players are very strong and all active (they're ranked 49!). One of the Pog members, Seth, used a war colony to attack killerwhaletank (see in game messages). It's my contention that we put these guys down ASAP. Surprise and overwhelming force will be key, as usual.

Here's what we know so far:

9 total members (mil score/gold score):
* Seth (7756/$2.4M)
* notthe600 (7753/$865K)
* zayster (6527/$71K)
* caesar25 (6294/$763K)
* truth (4903/$80K)
* LaGrange (4328/$650K)
* jkhyip (3064/$928K)
* BlackPheonix42 (2028/$251K)
* Greety (leader/diplomat) (97/$110K)
* iamspartacus (3220/$948K)

I mention the gold score mostly because it can be an indicator of their ability to sustain battle.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Map of towns:
www.b2design.us/temp/MEMBER_POG_Locations (red indicates Pog islands and number of known towns on the island).
Keep in mind that they use war colonies so other locations could pop up. The following are details for each players current known locations (working to get the others) and with town size:

Seth

Seed 20 [81:68]
Seedy 20 [81:68]
Mirror 20 [81:69]
Drunkard 20 [82:68]
Home 20 [82:69]

Guagamela 23 [38:65]
Alexandria 23 [38:65]
Granucus River 22 [37:65]
Hydaspes River 18 [37:65]
Issos 20 [38:64]

Boones farm 20 [72:61]
Bedrock 21 [72:62]
Meth lab 21 [73:62]
slate town 20 [74:62]

Claudius 11 [37:63]
Augustus 18 [37:63]
Romanov 18 [38:63]
Caligula 18 [38:64]
Tiberius 21 [38:65]

Mussina Marble 18 [41:68]
Mussing Vinyard 17 [41:69]
Mussina Sulfur 17 [42:68]
Mussino Crystal 17 [42:69]

Crystal Palace 20 [41:65]
LaGrange 21 [41:66]
Marble Palace 21 [42:65]
Wine Palace 20 [42:66]

Who 16 [40:61]
What 20 [40:62]
Polis 0 [41:61]
How 19 [41:62]

El Brimeir 15 [46:53]
El Helio 20 [47:52]
Polis 15 [47:54]
Gaia 17 [47:55]

Venetico 6 [41:69]
Capizzi 4 [42:69]
Messina 6 [42:70]
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My map is outdated, however, they have 2 main clusters with 3 of their players:
* one with 4 islands near 37:63
* the other with 5 islands near 42:68

Based on my last map and other info, we have at least 6 people within striking range of these 2 clusters:
* billyvw
* mycarsavw
* rayvin
* ameoba
* mikeekim
* Tyrranus

Another of their players shares (or shared) an island with a couple of our members (or former members), vwb5t (on vacation/banned?) and 99blackmagic, on a cluster near 47:55. Not sure about other active members we have remaining in that area.

The primary offender, Seth, is using a war colony and his cluster is very removed from the others (68:81 area). Based on killerwhale's CR's, we know Seth has the following for an army:
* Slinger 24
* Swords 762
* Phalanx 36 (based on what I read of these guys he probably kept a number of Phalanx back in his permanant towns)
* Steam Giants 44
* Cook 7
* Doc 4
Keep in mind, based on his mil score, he probably sent the majority, if not all, of his troops from all of his towns to his war colony for the attack. Since it appears he moved most of his army to his colony very far away, that means his defenses are down in his towns and he's vulnerable (although we can count on the fact that he has a navy too). It would be a great time to launch a counterstrike against him, I just don't know if we have anyone in the area that can mount a sizeable attack there. However, If we were able to continually draw Seth's army out via his war colony, that may provide an opportunity. We just need to know where are members are and what capabilities they have.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I am ramping up.

I'll be over 5,000 by morning. Buying sulfur and cutting resource production.

My army will be massive. My Navy so so...

I'm sending spies to Romanov... 38:63

Everyone...

It doesn't matter where in the world you are. Send out spies to all their towns. We need info and we want them to know we are on the hunt.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fully expect these guys to run under attack like the TURAN did. That is to say, when an attack is incoming, they will deploy their troops away to avoid loss. It's a good strategy and tough to defeat. These guys aren't rookies. We will need to hit them continuously and use blockades too.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I also may abandon my new colony for a war colony, despite just building the GR to level 3. :banghead: However, I'm going to wait until we find the locations of their other 4 members.

Spies going out to caesar25 and another to notthe600.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I fully expect these guys to run under attack like the TURAN did. That is to say, when an attack is incoming, they will deploy their troops away to avoid loss. It's a good strategy and tough to defeat. These guys aren't rookies. We will need to hit them continuously and use blockades too.
That's why we need to focus on one player.

They don't have many members. If we take down one of their players we have knocked them down 10%. if they take out one of us they haven't done crap.

We have our guys press one of theirs. ONLY that one. Blockades and continuous attacks.

One of the guys that's in the cluster and doesn't have a war colony. Caeser25 looks like to guy.

We assign each of our close players a city and just crush it. Once it draws defense from the other players we go after their perimeter players with our guys from further out.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I also may abandon my new colony for a war colony, despite just building the GR to level 3. :banghead: However, I'm going to wait until we find the locations of their other 4 members.
I'm not close enough to blockade but I am close enough to send troops.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why we need to focus on one player.

They don't have many members. If we take down one of their players we have knocked them down 10%. if they take out one of us they haven't done crap.

We have our guys press one of theirs. ONLY that one. Blockades and continuous attacks.

One of the guys that's in the cluster and doesn't have a war colony. Caeser25 looks like to guy.

We assign each of our close players a city and just crush it. Once it draws defense from the other players we go after their perimeter players with our guys from further out.
I think we can probably focus on a couple guys given then number we have in the area. But I agree, we just bang the hell out of that players cities.

The question becomes, do we declare war (at all) and if so, at what point? I don't think we declare war until after our first strike is under way.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think whatever we do, it should be coordinated well.

Someone close should break down the ports.

Then clear the blockade and we all send in troops.
I believe our troops can land simultaneously correct? (anyone that knows for sure, this could be helpful)

But the blockade would have to be swift and removed before the troops arrive. I do not believe our troops can go through a blockade even if it is one of our fellow alliance members.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
And I agree. We should focus on one player. Then the next.

It will be easier to defend with our walls and defense bonuses.

Plus, they have to get through our Navies before they can get our troops. So build up your navies as well.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe our troops can land simultaneously correct? (anyone that knows for sure, this could be helpful)
Absolutely. The only thing that can't occur simultaneously is a sea blockade.

The blockades really need to be run by the people that are in close proximity to the target due to the time involved. Once the navy is removed, other members from much further away can attack.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Forgot to add this.

It will be easier, I believe, because they will come to us after we attack the one person. It will be easier to defend against the attacks.

And like J-Rad said, if we knock down one person, that is 10%.

Then we go after the next one.

Perhaps we can illicit some help from outside sources? Anyone know of someone who was attacked by these guys as well? Maybe they can coordinate hits on one person, while we focus on another.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I agree. We should focus on one player. Then the next.

It will be easier to defend with our walls and defense bonuses.

Plus, they have to get through our Navies before they can get our troops. So build up your navies as well.
Keep in mind though, we have a couple players that share islands with these guys. We need to address that. Although, vwb5t is one such player. Even though he's on vacation mode, he can still attack...we could use that. ;) :)

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perhaps we can illicit some help from outside sources? Anyone know of someone who was attacked by these guys as well? Maybe they can coordinate hits on one person, while we focus on another.
Unknown but they have a NAP with both Lead alliances as well as a few others. They list them on their alliance page.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Keep in mind though, we have a couple players that share islands with these guys. We need to address that. Although, vwb5t is one such player. Even though he's on vacation mode, he can still attack...we could use that. ;) :)
So if he can attack while in vacation mode. Is he protected from attacks? (like vacation mode is supposed to offer?)

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the game decided to send 10 spies to caesar25 (as opposed to the 1 I intended) and they all have a 95% chance of discovery, so he should probably know I'm looking at him. :lol:

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So if he can attack while in vacation mode. Is he protected from attacks? (like vacation mode is supposed to offer?)
My assumption is that he would be protected. Techincally, he's banned but found a backdoor that allows him to continue playing for the time being.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts