Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my stock rims back on the car for winter... just wondering when everyone plans on putting their rims back on their cars. I'm not in a rush but I'm figuring the chance of snow gets less everyday... so I was thinking around March 1st.

This is my first time with rims, I left them on until the 1st snowfall and took them off quickly b/c the car did a 360 in the middle of the road. I'm running Toyo Proxes T1-S's on them.

-- Eric

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I have never taken them off then again I never take the car out. :cry:
Take the train to work these says.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
julianfang said:
Probably closer to the end of march. It'll give the road time to flatten out a bit and allow them to start filling the potholes.

Last year I put my 18s back on and got hit with a freak ice storm the weekend after. :oops:
My thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I'm sooo itchin to put mines (nyc accent) on. I'm always asking people if they think it's still gonna snow. Julian is right in mentioning about the potholes. This is more of an enemy for the rims than salt.

Muuussst beeee pppaaaitient...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
patience is HARD... you have the car dropped and then you have some off-season rims and it looks retarded. You need to the look to go with the attitude you know :shock: I guess I'll have to hold off, I'd rather have the rims then mess them up.
-- Eric

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Since my rubber on the 17's are probably better in the snow than the rubber on my 15's, I might do it very soon. As long as there's not MAJOR salting, I'm not too concerned. The ride on the 15's is quite bouncy. :weirdo:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i should have listened (um, the story of my life...) i put them on march 1 - all was well until 2nd week of march when Westchester got 3 days in a row of 8" snow... took the driveway down twice sideways... April 1st next year!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think i will be putting my summer shoes on next week i'm waiting for my coils to come in then i'm going to put them on and take the car for an alignment...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh my god - the rim cracked too! i feel for you... a week ago i hit a raised grate on the NYS Thruway near the saw mill split and bent my rim... luckily it still holds air and i can still drive on it but I'm going to have to get it fixed. You can try a claim with NYC but good luck. In my old BMW I hit a raised manhole cover and knocked out my oil pan and seized the engine - had the car towed 60 miles home and NYC claimed that b/c it was never fixed it was not a problem. I had pictures, a police report and eye witness accounts of the incident. Its fkn bull - I coulda killed the comptroller... i could have taken it to small claims or gotten a lawyer but it wasn't worth the hassle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
15 Participants
Mister_Rogers
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing