Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here we go.... I have a 2003 Passat GLS 1.8T Tip. 42,000 miles. about a month or so ago I started to have what I think is a transmission issue, when merging onto a highway I often have to floor the car to get into traffic (BQE/LIE can be brutal at times) the car's rpm gauge will fly into the redzone in about 1/4 second before shifting into gear ... its a little fun when trying to merge... some of the on ramps give you like 10 - 20 feet to match traffic speed. this does not always happen, but does seem to happen after the tranny gets warm, and only when i have to get on it a little bit (i try not to do that too often) there is also a slight surge when stopping. I tried the "sport" mode via the VAG-COM, but that seem to make it happen more often, so i put it back to the default also did the TBA via VAG-COM as well, I purchased the Filter kit and some redline d4 atf, but i think since i am in ny and about to hit winter i will try hunting down the Esso. Any advice or direction would be great, thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to vw in brooklyn to get some recall work done, they drove it for a half a mile, after it had been sitting all day and said nothing was wrong,(only happens when its warm and when your pushing it a bit). For them to look at it would cost me 100+ just to check the atf fluid. I guess no matter what I do its gonna cost me lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts