Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I replaced the engine in my daughters 2005 Passat V6....put it all back together...started the car, put it in reverse....nothing.....nothing no matter what gear. Ck'ed the trans cooler lines with the engine running and no flow. So, I pulled the motor and trans back out and cracked them apart and my suspicions were confirmed....I broke the driive tabs on the transmission front pump where it goes into the TC. (Very easy to do, I never even felt it....be really careful when you mate the trans and motor back together.) So, I took the bolts from around the front pump loose and tried to budge the pump and retaining ring with a pair of vise grips and a slide hammer. It will not move an iota. So, did some research and read where the diff and cross drive shaft has to be removed...so I did. The front pump and retaining ring STILL won't budge.

I don't know where to go from here??? Does anyone know how to get the front pump out???
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And I am very practiced at getting V6 Passat engines in and out now...if anyone needs any pointers, let me know. I got it out Sat morn in 3 hours!!!! LOL!!!! :wrench:

front_pump.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it out!!! If anyone needs to know how to do this....let me know. Now that I have it figured out, it is pretty easy....

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
you could do a write up on it...???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi RJF

Could you please advise on how you did it> i removed my transmission and i just cannot get the oil pump out. i too broke the tabs off.

help

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
there may be connections from the valve-body that interline into the side of the pump, kinda like what chevy does sometimes on their older units. if you just straight yank the pump forwards (it should come that way) it could damage something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts