Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission Fluid Level Check and Changing Transmission Fluid, Filter, & Pan Gasket.

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0t, The gray elbow at the lower front of the transmission is the filler tube. The red cover and cap must be removed. Fluid level is full when the fluid quits dripping from the plug hole in the pan, and it is also the fluid stand pipe hole. The fluid stand pipe screws into the pan hand tight, the filter bolts (3), torque to 97 inch lbs., the pan bolts (8), torque to 97 inch lbs., the oil pan drain plug (1), torque to 20 ft. lbs. Not all models have a filler tube elbow. The models without the filler tube elbow must be filled through the fluid stand pipe. It will need to be pumped in, or use a suction gun tube to fill it. To remove the filler tube plug cap, it must be squeezed at opposite sides from the two interlocking tabs and then pulled out at the same time as squeezing it. :wrench:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a VW Passat 2.0L Turbo.
I have no idea how to check the level of the transmission level.
Is there any dipstick under the hood?
Or do I need to get under the car?
Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently had to change the Automatic Transmission Fluid due a leak from one of the bottom lines of the transmission... I drained the old ATF (just 1 quarter left in that ocassion due the oil leak) and add almost 3 quarters... I didn't using the pump filler method.... just take out (not at all, just release and pull one bit to let the filler hose pass through) one module in the middle front of the transmissión (that one who has a screw) and by gravity using a funnel, proceed to fill... First filling 2 quarters, then put back all components in place, and start the engine until to reach the temp required to test the ATF level check....and again..... release the drain nut and depending how many drops of ATF comes out, and fill more ATF to reach the optimus level..... Sounds hard, but it's easy if you have enough time, tools and some basics mech skills...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts