Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to do the tranny fluid swap, and at the same time I'd like to add a tranny cooler. Now I know Femi did it, but he's long gone, so I can't ask him, but I'm hoping someone here has done it...

I know the Fluidyne FPH10026 is the cooler to use, but does anyone have any install experience. I want to install it in parallel with the existing cooler... the typical method.

Just hoping that a 'still active' CB5 member has any details.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
No, I won't be attempting this for at least a year. But when I do, I'm going to find the correct fittings and totally bypass the factory cooler...

Go to your friendly neighborhood NAPA - they sell tranny cooler kits. Open one up and read the instructions - that will give you a good idea of what's involved.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was hoping for some specifics regarding connector sources. I'll be sure to make a list, and lots of photos when I do it.

I'm running it parallel such that I have some assurance that I don't over cool during the below zero times here in MN.

... you don't have to worry about that Rusty :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.