Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Start a new thread with all your car details at the top:

Get all modules scanned with VCDS/VCDS-Lite and post the codes.

And let this thread RIP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Afterburner: Once I figured out where the water came from, I cut the hose ends in the door jamb immediately and blew the drains out with a co2 cartridge. It would have been nice if VW had recognized this was a recall before now. They scratched their heads when I asked them about it and why it wasn't done. They're telling me that the cowl was done though. I don't know how to verify it on my own. Not sure what to look for.

Mikel212: You know, I've been trying to figure out what I could do to prevent water from getting in there again. I didn't think about wrapping it in some kind of bag. I figured with so many smaller wires in the cable running to the TCM box, water is going to find a way in there. I've thought about siliconing the hell out of everything, wires, box, all of it. Not sure how well that would work.

But I agree, this is a horrible design. I'm surprised VW would put such a critical component into a floor board. I mean really, the number one damage that happens to cars (all cars) is water intrusion. And the fact that these parts are over $1000 makes it even more ridiculous.

Seems like my problems are never ending. Yesterday, the CEL came. PO411 Secondary Air Injection System. What the hell is this? I need to enroll in mechanics school. At least I could start getting paid for all the work I'm doing.

I must say that I miss the days of my air-cooled bug. No matter what happened to that thing, I could fix it, and cheaply too. Now, the average Joe has to grab his ankles and pray he doesn't get raped by the dealer.
raped by the dealer!!!! That's funny!!! But, true......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the TCM part number have to match EXACTLY ? I have 3BO 927 156 AP - I can find several that match except for the "AP" at the end. 2005 Passat TDI sedan.
Thanks for any info, Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, new to this group. I have a 2002 vw passat v5 right hand drive and was looking to see if anybody knew where the TCM was. its not under the passenger side carpet as i was told. Any help would be appreciated

cheers
Clint

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Hi Guys, new to this group. I have a 2002 vw passat v5 right hand drive and was looking to see if anybody knew where the TCM was. its not under the passenger side carpet as i was told. Any help would be appreciated

cheers
Clint
Try driver side since your seating position is on the right.

Reactions: Tomvw

·
Registered
1 Posts
TCU Location?? help!!!
I have a 2000 VW New Beetle 1.8T Automatic Transmission. I pulled back the carpet in front of the passenger side seat but didn't see the TCU box. Please help. Back in 2018, I removed a lot to clean remove some moly insulation, and cleaned the carpet. I don't recall seeing a compartment in front of the passenger seat.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
TCU Location.
I have a 2000 VW New Beetle 1.8T Automatic Transmission. I pulled back the carpet in front of the passenger side seat but didn't see the TCU box. Please help. Back in 2018 i removed alot to clean remove some moly insulation and to clean the carpet. I dont recall seing a carpartment infront of the passanger seat.
View attachment 102081
I would suggest you sign up on a beetle related forum and ask a question there as the Passat is a totally different platform. You will have better luck finding an answer on

NewBeetle.org Forums
or
New Beetle & New Beetle Convertible

41 - 47 of 47 Posts