Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help I have a 2000 vw Passat that used to be a auto and swapped to manual (done by someone other than me) and it has a code for an auto trans being in limp mode i was told it could be the tcm though when I went to get under the passenger side floor board there is no computer there is a styrofoam box no computer inside it just complete styrofoam I'm at loss on what to do now not sure if I need a new ECU or what not just any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! I have also called multiple junkyards none of them have this car, dealership won't touch the car, and tuning places won't help me out either, code on the car is 18034

·
Registered
26,788 Posts
The ECU, ABS and maybe the cluster just needs to be recoded for a manual trans. It can be done with VCDS and is fairly easy to do. Depending on where you are, there are people who can do it. If you are near DFW, I can do it for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ECU, ABS and maybe the cluster just needs to be recoded for a manual trans. It can be done with VCDS and is fairly easy to do. Depending on where you are, there are people who can do it. If you are near DFW, I can do it for free.
I don't think I'm near dfw cause I don't know where that is lol

·
Registered
26,788 Posts
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts