Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my grandsons 2009 Passat Komfort to the dealer for a trans service yesterday since we didn't have the time to do it our selves. Before leaving the car, I asked about the details of what they will be doing. I was told they just drain the fluid and replace it with new fluid. I asked, "what about dropping the pan, cleaning up the sludge and changing the filter?" He said, no that is not included in the VW process for a trans service on your 09G trans. They only drop the pan and change the filter for the DSG trans. Yet, they were going to charge us $188 bucks for draining/replacing 3.6 qts of fluid.
I almost could not believe what I was hearing. Needless to say, we did not leave the car there. Looks like we'll need to make the time to do it the right way on our own.
Anybody else heard this before from a VW dealer ?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
PM when you plan on doing it, I build and design special equipment and machinery.........and I hate oil and it's associated mess ,so designed a super simple set up which I use on my 08 B6 Lux, 09G tranny and another on my 01.5 B5.5 01V tranny, you are more than welcome to borrow, send me PM and will send you my phone and email for pics, regards Chief

1 - 4 of 4 Posts