Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

So I was driving today from my house to Northridge CA, and got off on the exit, and when i was sitting there in my car, i felt this clunk!! :shock:

I was like WTH! So then i hit the gas!! :cry: Oh carp! Where did all my torque go? I had the pedal to the metal! Nothing! Just went super slow!

The car was in third gear! But that is a guess, but I am almost postive it 3rd gear!

I was so scared! MY BABY, whats wrong!

So I drive it home and take it to my friends! He thinks I am low a trans fliud???

Possible? I hope so, then I can be good to go! Like shifting from P to R there is a big clunk!, or from P to D, Clunk!

HELP!! :oops:

Its my baby, i am soooo sad!! She treats me so well!! HELP :sad: :oops:

Richard

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
So i take it you have a tip right?, what the mileage/year of car. I own a 5 speed, so hard to tell for me, but the hard shift in between P to D is never good, have it check A.S.A.P. One more thing so, i have a business van and i had that happen to me before, 1 year after i had the tranny replaced ($3400 :mad: ). I freaked out and took it to the guys that did the work. Verdict: Low in fluid, a filter was losing it, but the tranny was still good. Hopfully, same thing for you, and minor cost to fix............Good luck with your baby, i'm the same way with mine :thumbup: .

·
Registered
424 Posts
Need more info year, trans?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

RAH said:
So i take it you have a tip right?, what the mileage/year of car. I own a 5 speed, so hard to tell for me, but the hard shift in between P to D is never good, have it check A.S.A.P. One more thing so, i have a business van and i had that happen to me before, 1 year after i had the tranny replaced ($3400 :mad: ). I freaked out and took it to the guys that did the work. Verdict: Low in fluid, a filter was losing it, but the tranny was still good. Hopfully, same thing for you, and minor cost to fix............Good luck with your baby, i'm the same way with mine :thumbup: .
I have a 99 V6 B5. Automatic!

It has about 128,829 miles on it! It runs like a jem! Accept for what happened yesterday!

Weird! That is what my friend said, I could be just low a trans fluid! I hope, then that would be a very low cost fix!

But if worst comes to worst, i have an extended warrenty so i could get a brand new trans! :bow: Hell yeah!

I will let you know how everything goes

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts