Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my FZ4 to the new TPT. The size is 215/50/17. The FZ4 is so noise and uncomfortable to me. Does anyone use the TPT with 17". Please give me your opinion. Or I should take the BFGoodrich Traction T/A.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had 15" TPT's and they were okay, but after spending so much time trying to find the 'right' tire, I was somewhat disappointed with them. They were fairly quiet and road okay, but the wet traction wasn't that great, and if I remember correctly, I felt every expansion joint on bridges. One plus, I think they came with a pretty good road hazard warranty. I think CR tested them last Fall, and they didn't receive rave reviews....you might want to seek out that issue if you are interested. I know they rated a Falken tire very high and it was reasonably priced too. But it all depends on the type of driving you do. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The new FZ4 is the Proxes 4. You might wanna try it, I have em and they're very quiet. Overall great tire and I'd reccomend it to anyone. Plus the performance is more than plenty for our cars.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
87 Posts
For a tire equivalent to the TPT, I'd look at Bridgestone Turanza LS-V or Falken Ziex 512. Comparing the LS-V and the 512, the 512 will have a slightly better ride and the LS-V will have slightly crisper handling. I have the 512 and I like them a lot. What I read about the TPT wasn't convincing...harsher ride and not the best wet traction.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.