Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can comment on the above tires for snow traction? Planning to run 205/60-15 on stock 15x6 steel rims. I am having a hard time to find a all season tire that has decent winter traction for my V6 B5 in that size with 91 load index and H rated or above.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 195/55-15 Proxes TPTs, and they're decent in winter. In snow, they're not as good as conventional all seasons, but I was able to get through several snow storms in New Hampshire with those on. I got stuck in a foot of snow once, but then again, i don't think all seasons are designed to handle that much snow.

Overall, I like them a lot. They're great in summer and decent in winter. i'll probably get them again next time. :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Same thing can be said for the Turanza's. Decent snow traction but nothing special. It is the quietest and smoothest riding tire we carry and pretty good performance too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your input, I am leaning towards the Turanza LS-H and plan to run 205-60-15 on my stock 15x6 steelies. There is one concern though, the Turanza has a 90 load index in that size but I think the Passat requires a 91 load index. Is this something to worry about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts