Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...i know i should post this in the noob section...but i figured more of you look at this more than the noob section.....so what is the difference between 2.0L FsiT, and 2.0L TFSI...or are they the same thing??? My engine says 2.0L Turbo FSI....so which category do i belong in?? :confused::crazy: im such a noob.

·
Registered
809 Posts
iirc i think they are both the same...i have a 2.0T FSI and i think the 2.0 TFSI was the revision before they went to TSI(chain driven instead of belt) and they fixed alot of the bugs the original FSI had.. somebody correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Its best to refer to these engines by their code and not public name. The 09 (some 08.5s) and newer models comes with the CCTA (or TSI) which is chain driven and runs a different turbo. The version prior to it the BPY (FSI) is belt driven and runs a K03. Most of the numbers are exactly the same or at least close.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks dave...thats a whole lotta reading of bunch of terms that a noob like me wont understand..... So in english...... is a turbocharged FSI engine the same as a TFSI? and is FSiT just another way of writing that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts