Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came in looking around for information on these cars. I don't own one at the moment but I am looking for a wagon. I am a huge German car fan, have owned air cooled VWs, several BMWs, a Mercedes Diesel wagon, and several Porsches but never a water cooled VW.

I'll look around and may ask some dumb questions. Here is my first dumb question. Have Passat wagons been sold in the US with the Tdi? With Manual Gear boxes? If so, what years.

Thanks in advance,

Don

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Hey..welcome Don!

There's another member or two on here from Clearwater...
I grew up in Clearwater, went to school at Pinellas Park...but I live on the east Coast of Florida now.

Anyway, welcome.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
i know you can get a TDI variant here in the US, (not in cali) but im not sure if they ever came with the manual. im sure other members will chime in on this one.

welcome to the club!

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
TDI (diesel) variants were sold in the US only in 2004 and 2005, and pretty limited production. They're holding their value pretty well right now (imagine that!), so they're hard to come by. People in CA, MI, MA, and a couple other places can only buy them used, so demand is blowing supply away.

And all US tdi models were automatic (tiptronic) only :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TDI Wagons

I guess the wagon is called the Variant?

So, few TDI Variants were built and they are hard to find and no manuals....OK, Nix that idea.
Although, having driven several Porsche Tips, I could live with that.

What wagon engine configurations had a manual trans and what years?

Thanks for your patience.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts