Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's the top of line window tint? I don't like too dark of a tint, I prefer the color that has a slight bronze tone to it, but not mirror finish. Hope I can find a good installer w/ the best tint in the San Gabriel Valley area...?

·
Registered
332 Posts
It really depends on your definition of top of the line. There are many metalized window tints that offer lifetime warranty and a large array of colors (silvers, blacks, bronze, etc.). Check for Llumar, Solar Guard. Biggest thing is the warranty.

For top of the line in performance vs. visible light look towards Huber (Huper?) Optik or V-Kool. These films are ceramic impregnated and block the most heat and all UV rays while letting the most light in. They are also the most expensive and will likely cost at least 2x what a metalized film would cost.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Decided to go w/ Huper Optik. Yes, it is pricey, but hope it does what it says. Anyone here have this type of tint on the car? I'm just wondering if it has a nice tint color to it and what color?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts