Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mucho for the offer, I should be able to do it as its a basic mod, but i have little tools. I'll also have some projector beam headlamps that i'll have to install..I'm feeling another Dallas GTG in the next few weeks :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
You might need a stubby little screwdriver to take off the heat shield. Oh, make sure your engine is cool because you'll be working very close to the turbo.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Disconnect the power connector to your N75 valve (below the air intake, accordion -looking black connector). The N75 power cable is attached to the air box lid, you'll be wrestling with the lid, hence yanking on the delicate wires to the N75 if you don't disconnect the cable.

You also want a really crisp, magnetized phillips head screwdriver, otherwise you'll strip the soft heat shield screw heads and then drop the screws into the engine.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a V6 so the turbo wont be a problem, however I gave it a try but without proper lighting/tools or even a garage for that matter, i'm gonna wait till the next gtg and hopefully get some help :D

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Stubby magnetized screwdriver, and an hour of meditation before starting to center yourself as this is a PIA job.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Actually I found changing it on my 03 V6 was rather easy .. I just got a Phillips screwdriver ... put on a short skirt .. opened the hood ... bent over to look... the neighbors hubby came over and did it .. 15 min...

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Jesstzn said:
Actually I found changing it on my 03 V6 was rather easy .. I just got a Phillips screwdriver ... put on a short skirt .. opened the hood ... bent over to look... the neighbors hubby came over and did it .. 15 min...
Can you post pics of how you did this? :lol:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The 1.8t is a pain because 1 of the heat shield screws is impossible to get unless you are "Rubber Man"

"there wasn't a rubber man"
"I thought there was"

·
Registered
442 Posts
First, I removed both the accordion air inlet "hose" and the snorkel itself, then used a ratcheting magnetic screwdriver that the handle "folds" about 30 degrees off-center to remove heat shield screws. The rest was straightforward.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When you go to install your projector headlights, you'll need a Torx 25 bit. I think it's a 25. Could be a 20 or a 30. Just buy the set, it'll come in handy later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts