Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to my Craftsmen Club flyer, I finally decided to get me a real air compressor.

I've sold my 4gal. to mtimmy and now have a buyer for my trusty 12 gal. So the wife said to go ahead and get what I want.

This is a 33 gal., 150psi unit, with 6.0 HP motor, 8.6 SCFM @ 40 psig and 6.4 SCFM at 90 psig, more than adaquate for running any air tool I have now and in the future.

Here's the kicker. The sku# is 16556, which last week, sold for $298.88 and with air tools (1/2 impact, 3/8" ratchet, air hammer, hose and fittings.) Immed. after, the Craftmen Club sale went on and save 10%. Cost is now $268.99, however they supposedly change the tools to just an air ratchet, hose, air/blow gun, and tire inflation with fittings. I didn't care at the time since I had the air/blow attachment as well as the tire inflation attachment. The ratchet was more of what I would of wanted.

But I think they put the wrong picture in the ad. I got the tools from last weeks ad! And for $30 less!!!

I still like my CP 1/2 impact though; the "free one" I may put up for sale later since it's not adjustable. We'll see. Here's a few pics to compare the old and new units:

The Sand Blaster Unit will probably come in a month or two. :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
shat i just creamed myself :bow: :thumbup: :thumbup: no seriously im in the market for a nice compressor but our sears in canada have a tiny tool section so i guess ill get an ingersol rand from canadian tire!

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.0GTI said:
shat i just creamed myself :bow: :thumbup: :thumbup: no seriously im in the market for a nice compressor but our sears in canada have a tiny tool section so i guess ill get an ingersol rand from canadian tire!
Thanks but if I had the coin for an I-R, I would of gladly gotten one of those instead. Those compressors mean business!!! I just don't have the garage space or money for a verticle unit; this one pictured just makes it under my workbench; it sticks out about another foot futher than my small tank as it is but it works out well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts