Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Do I have to remove the whole door panel? I unscrewed the bottom and the lower sections pulls out easy, but am I missing some screws somewhere in the door handle? Do I pop the whole panel off somehow?

I have a replacement tweeter, just need to get that old one out and wire the new. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: How to replace Driver's side rear door tweeter speaker??

I answered in the General Discussion Forum. I figured you were a newbie - didn't think you might be cross-posting.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I can't get the freaking door latch to open. I pull the lock/unlock tab up, which pulls the lever and slides the horizontal bar to the right, which should unlock the latch to pull the door open. But neither the indoor nor outdoor handle open the door now!! I CAN'T OPEN MY FREAKING REAR DOOR!! Please help :cry:

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you have no resistance with the door pull handle then it might be that the hook slipped off the handle eye.

Try and see if you can pry it up from the top or get a slim jim to catch and pull the cable. Be careful not to yank any of your harnesses in there and tear them apart. I did this when I had a stuck rear door a couple years ago.

HTH

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If the torx screw on the bottom of the door panel isn't fastened, you can remove the door panel from inside the car. The door wouldn't open from the inside or outside because I forgot to reconnect the door cable. -Mark

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That must be it - I'll have to look again this weekend. The hook must just be off somehow inside.

Thanks as always - I'll post the success this w/e!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts