Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all-

got a 99 passat and on the front wheels espeically, I seem to be gathering a lot of brake dust in a short amount of time.

my driving conditions are half city - half highway...brakes feel and work fine but theres a lot of brake dust after only 1 week.

is this typical for passat's?

thanks for any imput

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is typical for German cars period. I had a Jetta that did it. I had a Mercedes that did it. Now I have a Passat that does it. Notice the front wheels of German cars when you see them... they all seem to have more brake dust that Amerinese cars. Best thing for cleaning is Simple Green and a brush. It's also safe so you don't have to be worried if it gets on the paint.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
yes, it is typical. if you wanna decrease the dust, get different low dust pads, which will help out.

strange thing is my back wheels always get more dirty than my front one :???:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wink:

German cars...good enough answer for me. as long as the brakes feel solid and i dont hear any odd nosies, thats good enough for me. thanks for the replies fellas.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i get some dust but not the black caked on stuff that i see people with mercedes and Ford have on their front two tires.

guess im lucky my brakes all around are excellent :)

ganx14
:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Ganx14
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing