Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/14/iraq.hostages.int/index.html

(CNN) -- The Al-Jazeera TV network says it has received a videotape allegedly showing the killing in Iraq of one of a group of four Italian hostages.

The group says the other three hostages also will be killed if their demands are not met, the TV station said.

In a statement which Al-Jazeera says was delivered with the tape, the hostage takers, calling themselves "The Mujahedeen Brigade," blame Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for the fate of the hostage.

CNN has not seen the tape and has no way of determining if it is authentic.

The Italian government has said it has no confirmation of the killing.

"We hope it's not true," said Foreign Minister Franco Frattini on Italian state television Wednesday.

Al-Jazeera said it did not broadcast the tape because it was too graphic.
no comment.. ;(

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
send in the SEALs :mad:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
uh ya WTF :suspicio:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ronaldmcdonald said:
perhaps we ought to consider taking hostages too...damn savages! :mad:
how can that work? when their GOAL is to blow themselves up, uhm, it kinda defeats the whole "you wanna keep living?" hostage principle.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
SpecialKDog1 said:
We can always threaten to unleash Saddam back on them...LOL...
You think this is the reason we are keeping him around all this time ? ... Now lookie here Saddam, we let you go back to your palaces, you do your thing & keep your boys down, and don't you fook with us ever again, or we'll be back, and it ain't gonna be pretty for you the next time around. :shock:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Hearing and reading about this kind of stuff pisses me off!! :mad: Yea it's war and war is dirty. People gonna get killed. If they're gonna kill them, why not give 'em a good clean kill? You know... like a bullet in the head or something.

I can only imagine what they did to the poor Italian dude. :cry: Makes me sick.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I saw the tape of the killing of that Jewish reporter in Pakistan were he was slit from ear to ear like a goat and beheaded so I can imagine what this tape looks like.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Too graphic?

More like too damning to the terrorists.

They LIKE showing dead Iraqis, but don't show dead innocent hostages....

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good point - if it doesn't meet THEIR agenda, they won't play it. (just like here, of course).

it would give sympathy to our side - which they certainly do NOT want to risk...

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Well we start taking hostages from the mullah ranks and then threaten to use that pig lard trick that was described in the other post here. That should do the trick. Bad mullah! Telling your flock to fight and kill infidels, well, NO 99 VIRGINS FOR YOU! NO PARADISE FOR YOU! NO MARTYRDOM FOR YOU! Here, have some more lard! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
This got me thinking: Al Jazeera DOES like showing dead Iraqis because it shows how mean the Americans are.

Al Jazeera DOESN'T like showing dead Americans or coalition forces because it shows how mean the terrorists are.

"Liberal" TV DOESN'T like showing anybody dead because it might show our side OR their side to be mean.

Fox News DOESN'T like showing anybody dead because either makes the President look bad either way.

Which group is the most dishonest?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...and bush keeps SMILING (like a moron) the whole time.

(does it annoy anyone else that this guy smiles WAY too much, esp at the most inappropriate times?)

never trust anyone who smiles too much. maybe that's the new yorker in me, showing thru ;)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
linux-works said:
...and bush keeps SMILING (like a moron) the whole time.

(does it annoy anyone else that this guy smiles WAY too much, esp at the most inappropriate times?)

never trust anyone who smiles too much. maybe that's the new yorker in me, showing thru ;)
Makes sense. Clowns smile way too much. They smile all the time:

Therefore... Bush is a CLOWN!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
OneGuyInCA
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing