Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find a +12v switched accesory that does NOT loose power during cranking. for the map sensor to calibrate accurately, it need not to loose power during cranking. my car is torn apart now, and id like to not have to drive around tomorrow with it torn apart. thanks!
:bow:

·
Registered
665 Posts
you can get constant +12v power from behind the Light switch. Mines Electtric but you have to let it calibrate before you can crank ignition.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^thanks for the response^

i think the gauge is defective. i hooked it to a constant, so it would get the constant power it needs to calibrate itself. instead of moving to the stop pin, it moved to about 8psi, then jumped to about 23psi. as if were calibrating itself, but the needle was in the wrong position. any thoughts?

·
Registered
665 Posts
PM sent to u IDriveB5

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh my god im gonna kill everything :mad: . the gauge is definately defective. :mad: just got off the phone with summit racing(where i bought the gauge) and they are going to warranty the item for me no problem. kudos to them for taking care of me at 930 friday night. bad part => i have to take out all the wiring i spent hours installing. now i remember why i hate dealing with electronics :mad: :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
IDriveB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing