Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought about it for a while now, but I knew I wanted to at least wait until I got my grill (Kamei). Well now that's on, and I'm still not sure. Right now I have the "Passat" and the 20V Turbo." I haven't seen another passat in my area with the same badging (which I like), but at the same time I think it is kind of cluttered. Eh I just don't know what to do and I need some opinions. :???:

· Registered
224 Posts
Maybe the Passat, but not the Turbo. Be proud of it. I paid a lot for my little W8 badge and refuse to take mine off. They will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before I let it go :D

· Registered
552 Posts
I de-badged my '99 - and then painted the VW Emblem black ( same color as the car ) Looked good until I tinted the tails - and then the car was just too non - descript. Found it lacked any real flair.

Brought the Emblem back to stock / silver ( chrome ) and it makes the whole back end stand out again.

You have to play around - try a few things. If you can get a digital photo and then play around on the computer - and see what you like ??

Good luck

Bill

· Registered
726 Posts
I debadge my 99 passat and I like it more this way. It really depends on you, the way you like it more, when i debadged mine i was thinkin that i prob wouldnt like it and would have to badge it back but i really like the back more when its debadged...

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pag..._images/4/web/592000-592999/592378_2_full.jpg

If you feel bad for buyin the badges, the 20 v and the turbo then you can stick them on the side, almost over the front wheel, i saw some badges there and they look good.. Also, you can stick the turbo on the grill, even the 20 v turbo.
I really prefer the debadged look and when i can i will buy the zender spoiler and take away the VW logo too (dunno yet if I will yet cuz i might feel like wst).
GL

· Registered
23 Posts
Bill in Mtl said:
I de-badged my '99 - and then painted the VW Emblem black ( same color as the car ) Looked good until I tinted the tails - and then the car was just too non - descript. Found it lacked any real flair.

Brought the Emblem back to stock / silver ( chrome ) and it makes the whole back end stand out again.

You have to play around - try a few things. If you can get a digital photo and then play around on the computer - and see what you like ??

Good luck

Bill
How did you do the painting on your emblem? Did you simply paint on the chrome or did you do some sanding before?

· Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
12,446 Posts
Espaz11 said:
If I debadge my 99 now, will it have like shadowing or goasting on the paint??
I bought my used 01 and had the body shop take it off, since they were doing some paint work anyways. I can only see the shadows if the car is really dirty or at very strange angles. Even if you did see the shadows i personaly think it would still be better then the chrome letters :thumbup:

· Registered
1,599 Posts
Nice Jetta, 1.8Tabamoura :wink:

Get used to statements like that from people if you debadge. I get them, and I have a B5.5 which does not look like a jetta! :mad:

I'd like to see what it looks like before giving my opinion.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.