Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
STOP!!!

Saga Part I.
I purchased a part from them last month and when it got to me I realized they sent me the version for a wagon. I sent TM Tuning an email and they said I could return it but they won't refund the shipping charges. The part cost $174 + $36 shipping. So I figure this shouldn't be a big deal to return. BOY WAS I F'NG WRONG!! They sent the piece to me via Fedex. So I boxed the pieced back up in the original carton and I even added some packing peanuts. When I get to Fedex I explain to the women at the counter that I need to ship this part back to Germany and I need the approproriate forms to fill out. As I walk towards one of the counters to fill out the forms I hear "Where did you say you were shipping that". I turn around and another clerk says "Thats not going to happen". She then breaks out this little book that states Germany will not accept any return items that are damaged. So I tell her the item isn't broken just the wrong thing. She said ok but it will probably get declined at customs if I don't fillout the form correctly.

Saga Part II.
So the second clerk turns out to be International shipping guru (She teaches International shipping for Fedex!!). So she helps me fill out the form then she says "how much is it worth". I say $174, she then says you do realize your going to be responsible for the duties and taxes. I said excuse me the company I bought it from TM TUNING never said anything about that. She said when it gets there they will most likely decline it because they don't want to be responsible for the duties and taxes. Ok now I'm starting to get really mad!! :mad: So she said to put down a lower value.

Saga Part III.
So she says "This is going to be expensive". So I said how expensive because it only cost me $36 to ship it here. She said the lowest she could get it down to was $102!! :shock: WTF!!! So let me get this straight.. $36 to ship it to the US ... $102 to ship it back to Germany. Grand total...$138. This thing only worth $174. :mad: She says this is why you shouldn't buy anything from Germany. So I said No $hit and she laughs....

So now I have to battle with TM to pickup some of the cost!!

Sorry for the long winded explanation but you get the point. If there is any doubt you will return the part DON'T BUY it from TM TUNING. If you do purchase it make sure you call and email them to make sure they send you the right part!!

Good Luck... :cry:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I usually never complain, but TM TUNING IS SUCKS, Customer service is sucks, email response is sucks. One time I order KW suspension from them, Katya is the person who took my order, she told me KW is not in stock that I have to prepay I said ok, 1 week later no suspension, 3 weeks later no suspension and nobody pick up the phone, one month later Demian called me and told me I am sorry its going to take another month, I said no way I am not going to wait another month, I said give me my money back. He told me I have to charge you restoking fee. I said what are u talking about this item is not even in stock. He told me well we still have to charge you restoking fee I said do u realize what u just said he thought for a minute and said ok I will refund your money but I have too keep instead of 20% restoking fee 10%. I said if its will make you sleep better then keep it, but I will be make sure that none of my friends will order again.

TM TUNING IS SUCKS ALL I CAN SAY.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Have you guys spoke with Damian at TM Tuning? My brother and several others from MIVE have had nothing but positive experiences with TM Tuning. I will admit my brother had some difficulty getting his order processed due to a problem with processing his credit card, but TM Tuning sent his suspension damn near next day to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
969 Posts
A lot of people have gad bad experinces with TM Tuning including myself. I bought a MOMO carbon fiber exhaust tip from them. Took a little bit longer to get here than they told me, but when it got here it was not carbon fiber! It was stainless. Those guys suck!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's a horror story if I evr heard one...What kind of business are they running? Reputation is on the line here and they want to pull this junk. I am going to take them out of my fav's. :puke:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
but thats not what there website says

8. Last but not least ... In our opinion the best reason why you should do business with TM TUNING...
We honestly care about the customer and we listen to what you have to say. Give us a chance and you will see that no matter what we always give all we can to make a customer happy. All of us are on a mission to change the experience of buying VW parts (for the better) .. We are learning more everyday, and are no where near perfect =)
Plain and simply put... TM TUNING is a shop for the driver, our goal is to provide a honest, fun, and new experience for all that share this passion for VW with us.

seriously i never buy from a place i cant threaten to drive too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.