·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i think i am goning to buy these wheels

18" X 7.5" OFFSET +45

or these
http://members.cox.net/snafe2/KASAICHROME.JPG

now i am not shure what size of tires to take i did a research here on the page and i can't figure it out nobody has an offset of 45

i don even know what the offset is

i have 2000 gls 1.8t with stock wheels right now

i am thinking about buying whese 18" X 7.5" OFFSET +45
or 18' x 8.5' offset +35

what do you guys think which wheels and which tire combination would be good

i am thinking about buying these springs fromneuspeed that they have on sele here so i can lower it ... so how is that going to work with my wheels

please help me

resko

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go grab the latest EuroTuner mag. They have an entire article explaining offset, backspacing and have a complete step-by-step for determining your perfect rim width and offset.

Offset (in short) is how far away the wheel's mounting surface is from the centerline of the wheel:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I'm not sure but won't +45 offset cause suspension clearance problems?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Jesstzn said:
I'm not sure but won't +45 offset cause suspension clearance problems?
I guess that depends on the width of the wheel and tire. B5.5s come stock with 37mm offset and B5's are 45mm offset. However, 45mm offset is fine on B5.5s with 7.5" or even 8" wheels I believe and should be fine on B5's as well - I'm not sure about 8.5" wheels tho.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have a related question. I talked to another cb5 memeber and she said I should be fine, but I also wanted your opinion on it. Since you have been going back and forth on this topic.

I just ordered a set up ASA ST3 (AMG like rims), with a 35 mm offset. I have a B5.5 with a stock wheel of 37 mm offset. I ordered 235/40/18 tires for it. Will this fit ok? I dont want it to rub the fender or control arm. I have Eibach springs and bilstein shocks.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
vwjedi
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing