Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other Night my low tire warning came on and the next day I went to fill my tires. the tire pressure in my tire were set at 41psi so I tryed to lower the pressure to 33 as on the door from the manufactor in doing so I got multiple low tire warnings. So I have to raise the pressure up to 40 psi to turn off the warning. has anyone else have this problem. Will be calling the dealer to get them replaces or reset to the manufactors psi. The car is not even a mouth old.
thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
The other Night my low tire warning came on and the next day I went to fill my tires. the tire pressure in my tire were set at 41psi so I tryed to lower the pressure to 33 as on the door from the manufactor in doing so I got multiple low tire warnings. So I have to raise the pressure up to 40 psi to turn off the warning. has anyone else have this problem. Will be calling the dealer to get them replaces or reset to the manufactors psi. The car is not even a mouth old.
thanks
the door says 33psi but i think its set to 38psi.. i have a 2010 and thats what dealer said

·
Registered
79 Posts
My new Wagon had it at 40psi when I took delivery. I lowered it to 36 and there is no light. Check the spare, too as it is also being monitored by the system and that's what may trigger the light.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
thanks
The TPMS may have been set high. The dealership should be able to lower the threshold in the TPMS module

·
Registered
152 Posts
thanks
This is weird. AFAIK, TPMS threshold is 26/27PSI. I have my tires on 35 all around. Did you check your spare tire as well?

·
Registered
299 Posts
many mk6's has the problem with tpms being set too high. i had to use my vagcom to lower my buddy's mk6's tpms. maybe your passat has this set too high also. its not hard at all to change. let me know if you want the values or where to go in vagcom. i'll have to go check it out since i dont remember.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow, PSI above 40 that's just nuts :)

I own a 2007 wagon and the sticker says 35 PSI all year long (winter tires as well). I still think 35 is too much but that's what the manufacturer has recommended. 40 just seems too much but that could be a new specification for newer models. I can say that the system is too sensitive on mine. The pressure in the winter time tends to drop a few tenths down and I get the warning light on. I hate tire pressure sensors, they really get on my nerves. :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any way to disable the pressure system through vagcom? I have two sets of wheels and the previous owner only installed sensors on one set so I always get the light. Im not opposed to buying another set of sensors but Im not willing to pull the tires off until they need replacing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I couldn't believe that the spare wheel on the back monitored by system,i didn't know what was the problem,the tyre pressure lidht came up on dashboard like 1 month ago.and problem was spare wheel:bowdown:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Tpm

Apparently my TPM is set about 38 lbs. I set all my tires to 40 psi. When I look at the pressure with VCDS, it says something like 41, 43, 40, 38. The 38 is tripping the TPM and telling me I have a low tire. Is there a way to set the trip point for the TPM in VCDS?

·
Registered
756 Posts
also remember to check ur spare tire bc tht has a sensor in it. and yes there is a way to lower the tpms value to what it says on the door. ive never had to go above 35 psi in my passat (door says run 33psi)

if u need to know how to lower the tpms value trackstar will be able to help with tht.

·
Registered
671 Posts
This is weird. AFAIK, TPMS threshold is 26/27PSI. I have my tires on 35 all around. Did you check your spare tire as well?
FWIW, the TPMS on my Passat and GTI both trigger at 26psi as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought an 08 Passat used with the TPMS light on and all tires perfectly at 35psi (what the door says). The dealer (chevy in this case) couldn't figure out it. I called the local VW dealer and their tech told me this was a common problem and to just overfill the tires to 38 or 40 and let a little out. This fixed it for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My tyres set to 26 bar pressure,so far so good! Its written in the manual 26 bar
26 bar = 377 psi
????

My wife's Passat calls for 33 psi on the door jam. The light has come on several times if they get down to 30-31 psi. It will NOT go back off until I get the pressure to 36-38 psi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i finally got fed up with mine and deactivated in via vagcom. there are two different procedures (one to remove the "!" fault light and one to remove the "tire pressure low" warning) i agree that these sensors are too sensitive but for some cars it doesn't seem to be a problem. i figured i could monitor them the old fashioned way:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
tpms headache

I have been living with the light for over a year with my 06 Passat. Finally I got new tires and had all the sensors checked and verified (at A reputable tire shop) to be working even the spare. I don't have a reset button opposite the ESP button on the center console so the shop could not reset the light. they told me to wait 30 plus miles for auto-reset that didn't happen, Next i inflated all tires to 38 psi even the spare. no change. (I will try 40) but doubt it will work. How in the heck do I reset the light on my 06. I Have zero confidence in the dealership. They are clueless. WOULD APPREACIATE ANY HELP.:banghead:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts