Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Hey all, I haven't checked this thread in a while. To answer your question Jordon, yes my G-line intercooler fit. I needed to trim quite a bit on the inside of the lower bumper. However I was using 2.75 in tubing. It might have been easier if I was using 2.5 in tubing. I'm quite happy with the outcome though. Between the $230 I spent on the intercooler and the $450 I spent on the water/meth, My IAT's are right around ambient or lower at 23 PSI. All this for a combined price of under the $800 that a Garrett or similar core would run. I can also guarantee that it cools better than an overpriced big brand core would on it's own.

·
Registered
668 Posts
But you are leaving out the fact that you made your own pipe. So everyone else would have to add on the price of having the IC pipe made or buying pre-made IC pipes.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I actually did include it in the under $800 total. $450 for the W/M + $230 for the intercooler = $670. That leaves $130 for the piping. I was just to lazy to spell it out. But yes, you'd need to allocate a good $100 for piping.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Plus a bit more for someone to weld them up unless using short pipes with way more connection hoses. It starts to add up quick. I know others that pretty much did the same thing, by the time they were done they had spent around $900-$1000. That is well over the $795 price of a Racetec and close to the price of a ER Comp.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Plus a bit more for someone to weld them up unless using short pipes with way more connection hoses. It starts to add up quick. I know others that pretty much did the same thing, by the time they were done they had spent around $900-$1000. That is well over the $795 price of a Racetec and close to the price of a ER Comp.
yeah, but :mrt: also got water meth for that price :thumbup:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts