Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

Does any one know the part number and the price of the tiptronic chrome shifter plate for a 2000 Passat Tiptronic? Like many of you, my chrome shifter plate is all scratched up. Is it available separately or do I have to buy the circuit board that's on the back side of the chrome shifter plate as well?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It looks like P/N 3B0 798 151, with a few color designators (suffix A, B, etc). It is labeled as an assembly, so there may be several pieces comprising the part. I can't tell if one is a PCB or not.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Can anyone confirm wheter this part can be bought separately. Mine looks bad to ME and I am fighting the urge to put a scotch brite on it to get that brushed aluminum look to it since the rest of the interior has that theme going on already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D ZIGNER,

I'm in Canada - so it's probably not worth the cost of shipping/cross border customs/duties. Thanks for the offer anyway.

However, can you tell me where you bought your chrome cover? Do you have the part number for just the chrome cover?

Someone told me that the 02+ Passats have the chrome cover as a separate part - can any one confirm this? Will the 02+ chrome cover work in a 2000?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've already called three dealerships and all of them said the circuit board comes with the shift plate - there are 2 versions, one with green symbols (PRND etc), and one with red symbols.

On the other hand, I think it can be bought separately because of the posts shown on this forum. This is exactly why I wanted to get the part number from this forum from someone who has the shift plate or the ETKA.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
tob5 said:
D ZIGNER,

I'm in Canada - so it's probably not worth the cost of shipping/cross border customs/duties. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Cost of shipping would be less than $6 and because your not selling anything put it down as no comercial value or value it at less than $10 and there is no duties or taxes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do anyone know if my car can be driven without the chrome cover and the electronics on the chrome cover? I hope it won't throw any codes without the chorme cover's electronics.

D ZIGNER, do you think you can check the chrome cover to see if there is a part number stamped on it? Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
tob5 said:
Do anyone know if my car can be driven without the chrome cover and the electronics on the chrome cover? I hope it won't throw any codes without the chorme cover's electronics.

D ZIGNER, do you think you can check the chrome cover to see if there is a part number stamped on it? Thanks.
I couldn't find any part number when I took the the shift gate apart.

I think the circuit board detect the lever position at the Tip mode, so you can't use the tip without it, but you might drive in Automatic mode
:???: :???:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. In that case, maybe the part number isn't stamped on the plate. Since someone has mentioned on this forum that the plate is available separately, there has to be a part number for it. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just curious here, How exactly did you put scratches on that chrome base plate? I've had my car now for almost 6 years, at 135000, (w/ ugly ugly ugly nicks, scratches,chips on the hood and front bumper from
daily driving between home and work) anyways, and i haven't got a single scratch on my tiptronic chrome baseplate.. very very minimal "spider" effect...which i'm kinda happy that i dont have to worry about replacing it.. (we also have a 2002.5 GLX..w/ tiptronic..and so far so good.. ) I would normally use simplegreen wipes to remove hand marks, and dirt from the baseplate..also use it on the tan part of the dash/and other interior part..then i use a leather wipe afterwards on the plastic and rewipe again w/ clean chamois or cotton towels to remove excess oil etc....which i also use the same cloth to buff the chrome part..so far so good, the interior has very little if not unoticeable de-gradation in its looks/quality..except for some scuff marks- which is unavoidable on the door handles and lower. However, i have a big project coming up of shampooing the velour seats and inserts.. its a PITA!!!

e

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.