Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think you can get it at Supremepowerparts.com for $69.00+shipping. I hope the special still there, I got mine last Saturday. Good luck.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My adapter is not the same as SPP's, my adapter has no play in it. I believe my product to be a superior design to SPP's. There are may posts on the topic that will allude to that fact. Unfortunately the pricing is more a factor of the US exhchange rate than anything else.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I can wouch for Walters design as I have one in my B5. It is superior to the SPP design. As a matter of fact Walter developed his design after people were dissatisfied with SPP adapter. Walters design is rock steady and don't have any movement laterally at all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like one, but have some questions?

Tell me how to install this, and then I can better decide if I want to do.

Do you have any larger pictures you could send me. ( [email protected] )

I can do PayPal, so let me know when to deposit money there.

For now, put me down as wanting one.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can visit this page for larger pictures

http://users.chariot.net.au/~walter2/tiptronic.htm

Can't speak for SPP's adapter. I include instructions with the part and it takes around 15min to install.

If you want one please email me and i will start a list on this thread to keep track of orders. Once orders get past 6 then I can start chipping them.

Oh by the way fellas my name is Walter :roll:

Keep it on the road

·
Registered
602 Posts
MtnVariant said:
What about compared to the "new" SPP design?
Anybody have thoughts on how the new SPP design is compared to the Wal unit. I'm getting pretty close to making this mod happen and would like to compare the two.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
MtnVariant said:
MtnVariant said:
Anybody have thoughts on how the new SPP design is compared to the Wal unit. I'm getting pretty close to making this mod happen and would like to compare the two.

Thanks
Rob
MtnVariant - I have the SPP unit and you have PM on it. I do not think its fair to Wal to have a debate on the merits of his design vs SPP's on his GB thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What exactly does this "tip shift adapter" do? From the pictures it only seems to replace the knob.

Will it reverse the direction of the + / - ?
What I'd really love to see is that and having the lever tip towards the driver instead of avay. I'm only 5' 5" and it's a bit of a reach especially when going through through twisties and trying to keep both hands on the wheel!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
MtnVariant said:
MtnVariant said:

Thanks
Rob
Rob I have the Wal's adapter on my car. You can look at it if you want to.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Walter-

Would I use the same chrome sleeve that is on my car or do you provide one of your own? The main problem I have with the 'other' adapter is the gap between the sleeve and the shifter depending on gear. I'm in if it's a snug fit between the shifter and the sleeve irrespective of gear. lemme know. steve

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SAVela,
My adapter is not the same. Out of curtosy, I really shouldn't be answering questions that relate to someone else's product.

You reuse the oem sleeve, there shouldn't be any gap between gears as the sleeve should fit snugly on to the adapter. This is not an issue unless the clips inside the sleeve are too worn in which case a little silcone will fix that in a jiffy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts