Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2 '99 and 1 '00 that's for sale. All of them have about 50k-59k. What common problems should I be looking for? I'm figuring on changing the T-Belt no matter what car I get. The '99's are going for abou $11k and the other dealer wants $12,900 for the '00.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Get 'em to come down $1000.

I like the side curtain airbags on the 2000 - I'd do that too.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
go for the 2000. at the very least, you'll have a place to put your guages that look semi -OEM beneath the radio

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All 3 are 1.8t Tip...the '00 has leather and is a CPO. All 3 are in San Jose...Seems the further south I search the more expensive they get.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
but, have you actually sat down and bargained? or have you just asked for their lowest price. if you are a serious buyer, then they'll usually negoitate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've talked with one of the dealers a little bit. I'm about 120 miles away so I haven't actually sat down and bargained yet. I'm trying to establish which ones are worth travelling to check out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 99' :b5: and I'm not complaining.
No problems yet and runs great (Knock On Woood).
Can't say which one is better cause I don't have the two to compare, but so far I have not heard of any serious problems about the 99'.
Hope it works out for you. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Viktor
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing