Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a nice tint set up (What %) For a b5.5 With Blue anthracite pearl paint??? Would that silver tint look nice lets see some pics people!!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
SDPassatT said:
It's all about semi-metallic Llumar tint. 35% all the way around. Save the full metallic (silver) tint for the Nissan boys. :wink:

-Harry
I second that. Even if you choose not to go semi-metallic, the basic 35% black film is the perfect trade-off between privacy and night time visability. I'm also assuming you don't plan on attracting any more attention from the cops than now.

-alex

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have also been looking to get a nice tint job done, I've been told that the Marquise tint is the best, it would run you a little over $250 to get it done (sedan). :b5:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would love to see pics of these different options, for the tint-ignorant such as myself.

I've got a 2004 Wagon, and want to get it tinted before summer. (Feel free to recommend a place around Dallas.)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Just another opinion, from what i've seen on the boards 35% nonmetallic looks great and not like you are hiding anything. I would get mine tinted except PA law is 50% tint and the cops near me are just total assholes that would ticket me for it (downside to a college town).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
XedoS69
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing