Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on everyone, i was just wondering if anyone had any good advice on where to get good tints in the San Diego area?, do vw dealers do tinting, and are they better quality, thanks alot

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Used Sunblock Window Tinting - 760-632-8121. Mobile, comes to you, did a great job with metallic (based) tints - not the reflective type, just the type that doesn't turn violet over time. 4-1/2 years and it's still great!

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,576 Posts
Howdy, neighbors! I wonder how many clubb5ers there are in San Diego County. Whatever you decide to do with window tinting, make sure it is CHP-approved, so you don't end up getting cited and having to replace your glass.

By the way, I live in Encinitas and work in Carlsbad. If anyone needs to borrow my Bentley manual, Haynes manual, Harbor Freight front/rear brake piston retractor, etc., please advise.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I used a guy in San Marcos, I got the details, just can't find them right now. I'm pretty happy with the job he did, but a perfectionist probably wouldn't be. throw me pm for more info.

gonna have to GTG if we get more NorthCo blood..... 8)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
John_E, you're almost easier than Jimbob!! You should hav e a VAG, also...but if you don't, you could also let me or Jimbob know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.