Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my time i tryed to do it the right way . following the receipe.....

I used a special imported paint specially for tail lights that i bought from a performance shop , the light at night is perfect and no shadow/ oversprayed spots.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nice work! How long did it take?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gig103 said:
Nice work! How long did it take?
it took me 2 hours ( wet sanding, paiting , clear coat )
then next day i used a clay bar to make the surface smoother ( 10 minutes)

Looks really nice, how much would you charge to repeat the procedure
I'm not professional and i dont want to take bussiness away from john Boy but i can get you the right paint and teach you how to do it.
It is impossible to mess up with this paint... and even without the clear coat, the finishing is smooth and great.
I will check the prices for it from the shop and how many cans i can get at once.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Hmmm....next B5One mod day this may be something I'll be coming to you for then. Nice job - looks great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
looks nice man i think i might do it to mine in the next couple of weeks. :eek:h: :thumbup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Exellent job. I have the same color car and that is also how I want mine to be. Not to dark cuz i dont want no trouble with the 5-0 :) I will prob send it to jonboy though, that is when i have some money :p
good job :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I went back to the place i got the paint from and they had 1 can left and Im keeping it just in case .

He sold me for $ 25.00 dollars but he does not know when he is going to get more of this.

I found a place the sells it online but they charge 38.95 for the can.
The package looks a little bit different from mine but it's the same brand " AUG"

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ord-Auto~styling-Spray~on~Lamp~Cover~Paint-1-416.htm

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3 nuts hold the tailight in place . you have to remove the bulb holder assembly ( two tabs , one per side) and you are all set. very easy.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Curry said:
Fabio, when they get more let me know I'd like to do this! 8)
Nobody at work believed that i tinted the tails myself.
they think i bought tinted taillgihts and replaced them over the weekend.
I will let you know if they will buy more for stock , worst case scenario you can use this can i just bought.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:
Curry said:
Fabio, when they get more let me know I'd like to do this! 8)
Nobody at work believed that i tinted the tails myself.
they think i bought tinted taillgihts and replaced them over the weekend.
I will let you know if they will buy more for stock , worst case scenario you can use this can i just bought.
They didn't believe you!? :D It looks pro thats why! Thanks but I think you should keep the can just in case buddy. BUT, do you have any left in the old can? I was thinking of trying to tint my side markers. :weirdo:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
38 Participants
terryb
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing