Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

this is my b5 ;-) a few mods added... am sure theres many here that have much better looking b5s than mine....

just wana ask.... do you think tinted glass would look nice on it??? any suggestions?

thanks!
Abe[/img][/b]

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Get your flame suit on most people around here strongly dislike the altezzas, but its your car so if you like them thats all that matters :thumbup:
As for the tinted windows, i say definatly :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
tint's look great on b5's...just got mine done a month ago.

it looks great, and makes the car soo much more comfortable to sit in during the day.

nice car, welcome to clubb5 :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
re

dunno... i just thought the stock tail lights were boring.. so i put those on..

so you guys think its a go go for the tints then?

would my tail lights look good tinted do you think?? would the light tensity not dim a little coz of the tints??

btw.. anything you think the car is missing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol.... yea ... lowering spings... but am too scared to do that.... dont know.. but i just think that will make the ride too firm ;-)

am thinking of chipping it ... i hear this UPsolute is good..and nuspeed stuff.... still learning.... its only a 110 bhp TDI ;-) am in scotland by the way, so its common here.

do you have a pic of your tinted car?? am guessing you tint the 4 side windows and the back window... leaving the front window completely untouched.

I suppose they have to take out the windows they need to tint... i hope they dont mess them up or put them back rubbishly :suspicio:

Abe

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
abemazika said:
do you have a pic of your tinted car?? am guessing you tint the 4 side windows and the back window... leaving the front window completely untouched.

I suppose they have to take out the windows they need to tint... i hope they dont mess them up or put them back rubbishly :suspicio:

Abe
no no, the windows dont have to come out. They just cut the tint film to fit and they stick it on.

i did 50% tint on the front and 20% in the back. it is illegal to tint your front side windows where i live...that's why i went light up front

my car on the left

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
4meezy, i was wondering about the nj tint laws....

i heard when you go to the dmv to get your car inspected they will fail you. also, cops are always ready to pull you over

i was also wondering how much a tint job generally costs, and where you can get it done?

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
pafc said:
4meezy, i was wondering about the nj tint laws....

i heard when you go to the dmv to get your car inspected they will fail you. also, cops are always ready to pull you over

i was also wondering how much a tint job generally costs, and where you can get it done?
regarding the legal part i know :( check these 2 threads:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83270
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83199

as for where, i went to ''the tint shop'' in edison as per servral recomendations from other cb5ers....

all arround tint w/ life time warranty was about $250 with out lifetime warranty is like 200.

not cheap!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
well my inspection isn't due till 02/06

i'll see if i can find one of those rare private shops to do it....

other wise i'll peal it off and have it redone....that is if i still have the car..

the way the miles are racking up...i dunno anymore :(

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
Get your flame suit on most people around here strongly dislike the altezzas, but its your car so if you like them thats all that matters :thumbup:
As for the tinted windows, i say definatly :thumbup:
no shit...

damn those tails are hideuos...

tint ain't gonna help unless you're tinting the tails... :suspicio:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree w/A-Tiller: Tint the windows and get some nice OEM optional tails on there. The Altezza look is :thumbdow: in my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re:

WOW.... cool!!

thanks rollininstyle2004!! and everyone!!

rollininstyle2004 thats some great photoshop skills you have ;-) thank you!

Defenetly going to get the windows and tail lights tinted now.... need to reach for my shallow pockets once more ;-) hehe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.