Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Philly Area ... preferably on the Main Line someplace to get my windows tinted. I would like to get 35% all around except for the windshield and just wondering of a place that will do it.

Also anybody who has 35% tint in PA ever have problems passing safety inspection with it? Not worried about the police, but have had problems in the past passing safety inspections with non-conforming customizations.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i got mine done far from the main line, but they did a really good job.

I have 35% done all the way around and have never had a problem with cops or with passing inspection.

It might be the place that i go to get inspected, but i dont believe that part of the PA inspection looks at window tint, i think its just emissions and safty and things like that,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I owned a wrangler back in the day, I had to remove my KC Lights for it to pass inspection. They were frigging ridiculously bright. I didn't install them... they came with the car which I bought in Cherry Hill. Anyway... just curious. I figure since a lot of people move and relocate from different states it is a tough law to really crack down on especially when NJ,DE, and MD are all within a 30-40 drive from here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a place that is somewhat close:

Trek Enterprises Glass Tinting Inc
415 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, PA 19064

They use smoke tint and would cost me $275. What do you think?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think smoke refers to the color. Seems charcoal and smoke are the two main types. $275 does seem high. I can't seem to find any other tint shops relatively close to me though. Wonder what the difference between charcoal and smoke looks like. Now is the time I wished I lived in FL or out West where window tinting is basically manadatory. Out here it seems most places aren't interested in doing it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i happened across the regulations for the tint issue in PA.from the PA DMV site

.inspection will not fail it due to the tint,if they try to,make sure you have the ordinance printed out..

police...well this where it get a little vauge,,in PA,the law says you can be pulled ove on the highway,,wether it means all highways-interstate,secondary,primary ect,,or just the interstates is fuzzy..

here in west philly the PD has been using the tint law to stop people(Not Me Yet) because of all the murders here in philadelphia,,its a probable cause issue..

like a busted taillight..

·
Registered
112 Posts
oh,,,paid for tint,,

180$ for my whole 02 passat wagon,TintMaster in KCMO..

quality SolarGard tint,and a lifetime warranty-wich came in handy,i just peeled up a corner pulling of the door panel,,brought it to the local auth. shop in norristown..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.