Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gator VW said:
Should I or Should I not? Any pros or cons? I don't see alot of tinted cars when I'm browsing through clubb5.
Tint!!! You will be very pleased with the end result. B5's not tinted look alot like shit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've been wondering this myself. I'd like to get tinted too. Here's my dilemma. I want it dark enough to look like I got my money's worth. I want it light enough as to not get pulled over for having illegal tint. What are you guys tinted to and what are your experiences?? Pics??

Jonathan

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i have a light tint in the front and a darker one in the back. it's illegal (at least in CA) to have tint in the front, but i've never been pulled over for it.

8)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Man, your back window looks like it's been sprayed black!! That is dark!!! I wouldn't mind doing all of mine like you've got in the front.

Jonathan

·
Registered
555 Posts
[/quote]B5's not tinted look alot like shit.[/quote]
I wouldnt go that far... But we all have our own opinions :)

I tinted windows for four years, and I still havent tinted mine yet.
I have the black leather interior.... and know that if I want to preserve it, I should definately tint all the windows (except windshiield)
But personally, I think our cars with a nice drop, wheels etc. etc.
Look cleaner without tint.
I also am not a big fan of only tinting the rear windows, I think it gives it a "choppy" appearance. If your gonna do it, do it all the way! :thumbup:
But to answer your ques. .. tinting your windows,

PROS saves your interior from fading,
keeps it cooler,
takes out some of the headlight blinding at night
cops dont bust you when you have a hooke....nevermind

CONS restricts visability at night.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I say if your going to do it, tint every window in your car 35%. except windshield, but thats up to you. and no damn windshield banners on the top of the windshield! :puke:

·
Registered
628 Posts
MattinPismo said:
I say if your going to do it, tint every window in your car 35%. except windshield, but thats up to you. and no damn windshield banners on the top of the windshield! :puke:
I second this!! :lol: I tinted my windows 2 years ago and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
MattinPismo said:
I say if your going to do it, tint every window in your car 35%. except windshield
i third this.

i've got 50% on the fronts and 35% on the rest

i've got more pics if you want to see some other angles, etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just got mine tinted 30% all around (except windshield) love it not too dark not too light. haven't noticed any real prolem with visibility at night. Plus i think it looks HOT :thumbup: just my .02

·
Registered
55 Posts
all around

mine are tinted all around (yes the windshield), and i can't live without it..

i have a black '99 B5 and if it wasn't for the tint, those hot SD summer days would boil the interior of my car...

i do get a little nervous when i see a patrol car though.. what i have is illegal in CA. but i'm starting to notice more and more cars with all-around or at least all 4 windows tinted...

looks great, and keeps out the heat.

as for the windshield being tinted... it has almost no effect at night, and during the day it's like wearing sunglasses...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought mine from a guy is San Diego so it was already tinted. I'm not sure how dark it is, but it's pretty dark all the way around with the exception of the windshield. I don't even need to use the rear sunshade. I get a lot of compliments on it and haven't had any problems with from the authorities about it. I'd say tint.

·
Registered
158 Posts
tint for sure! makes you car look totally different. I haven't been stopped yet. tint and no front lic. plate it's usaully a bad combo in california. but I've been lucky so far

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Tint - first "mod" I did. Car wasn't even a week old when I had it done.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
im in philly where the cops love to pull tint over. I have 35% tint and have waved at cops with no problems. It cost me $250 for it, but it was well worth it cause the place i got it from did a great job and tinted really really far to the edge of the window.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
How dark is 30% to 35% look at night? I was thinking rear/sides at that %. PA doesn't like front tint but I think I might take the chance...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
23 Participants
jeffsu350
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing