Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wanted to add that Jamie did my Timing Belt and related parts almost one year ago. 20k miles after and my car is still running strong with no problems. Amazing price and very helpful.
My serpentine belt had been very recently replaced and he was honest and gave it to me so I could use it in the next change.

This guy can do this with his eyes closed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to thank Jamie for the great work changing the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam seals and all related tensioners, seals etc. It was an impressive display of knowledge and efficiency as he did it in a short time but calmly and sometimes explaining to me why he would do this or do that. He also found a steering fluid leak and fixed on the spot and changed the spark plugs and didn't charge for it. I am very glad I now have someone to trust my VW's to and I will bring my GTI in the next months to have the TB replaced among other things. Do yourself a favor and talk to him before you have work done somewhere else, particularly the dealership.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Just wanted to thank Jamie for the great work changing the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam seals and all related tensioners, seals etc. It was an impressive display of knowledge and efficiency as he did it in a short time but calmly and sometimes explaining to me why he would do this or do that. He also found a steering fluid leak and fixed on the spot and changed the spark plugs and didn't charge for it. I am very glad I now have someone to trust my VW's to and I will bring my GTI in the next months to have the TB replaced among other things. Do yourself a favor and talk to him before you have work done somewhere else, particularly the dealership.
no problem. glad i could help you out.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
Not to troll, but this is my favorite part lol. :rofl:
umm seriously when you extract pieces out and make it look dumb, it will.:crazy: despite some spelling issues my track record speaks for itself, so if you have nothing to add in a positive manor, kindly piss off.

"All the parts I use are quality pieces no ching chang China rip-offs."

·
Registered
4 Posts
my daughter has a 99 Passat and is leaking trans fluid they say the trans line needs to be replaced and the oil separator and PVC assem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Needed my tb and cct done. Looked up 98greendash and yoila....good rate, good man. Hosted my wife and I to 2 movies while we waited. If you are looking for VW/Audi work and you are anywhere close to Jamie, look him up. He even thru in hose that he noticed was broken. No more CEL.

Thanks again Jamie!

Miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello 98greendash:
HELP!!!!!! MULTIPLE MISFIRE CODES - 2004 VW PASSAT 1.8 Gls TURBO

I joined to see if I can get some answers to some trouble I have been having with Passat.

First, when the car is turned on in the morning I have to hold the key for about 10 to 15 seconds (sometimes longer.) I hear the car cranking but if I let go of the key it will not turn on. Finally when it does turn on a lot of heavy white smoke comes blows out the back. This lasts between 2 and 3 minutes. Secondly, when I am ready to take off and I put the shifter in drive the car does not accelerate. It hesitates and sputters and goes very slowly for the first 30 minutes every time I press the accelerator and does not past 1000 RPM's. This is even worst at an uphill incline.........it feels as if the car is going to go back. Also, my check engine light is always on- sometimes is intermittent.

We have changed the spark plugs, the ignition coils and the connectors, oxygen sensor, MAF sensor, timing belt. MY husband had the following codes from the diagnostic tool: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0140, P0299. We cannot figure out what is wrong with the car.

Thanks for any help!!!

LMG2014

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
a question for you. How is the coolant level in the bottle? you could have a head gasket that is going bad. You could also have an oil pressure issue which is not keeping the lifters pumped up and not letting the valves operate properly. Let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trouble with clutch/transmission on 2001 Passat. Is this something you would look at? How do I contact you to set up an appointment?

I am a factory trained tech that got fed up with the dealership rat race.I work at an independant shop working on VW and AUDI.All the parts I use are quality pieces no ching chang China rip-offs.Quick turn around and will keep old parts for your inspection. I do 2.0,1.8t,2.8,2.7,4.2,3.0 VW,AUDI,as well as diesel powered cars. I do G,J,NB,PASSAT,TT,A4,A6,A8 and yes E-van
G,J,NB 2.0 t-belts $ 450,1.8t $550,TDI $600
PASSAT 1.8t $600,v6 $700
E-van $450
V8 AUDI $800,S4 and other V6 AUDIs $700,3.0 750,TT $600,1.8t A4 $600
I had to raise my prices due to parts cost going up or you can provide your own parts.
Passat,A4 heater cores $550 parts and labor.MK4, MK3, B3 and B4 heater cores $450.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts