Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saw Jamie last Saturday to get my timing belt and water pump replaced along with the various belts and tensioners. He does a professional job and is gentle with the vehicle.

Hung out in the garage and watched him work while watching some TV.

I can recommend him and will drive the 2.5 hours to get work done from him in the future.

His prices are about 1/2 of what dealerships charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi 98greendash,

I'm looking to have a timing belt service for my 2002 Passat V6 at 90k+.

Are you still providing this service? Could you send me a PM with your contact info?

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks, Jamey, for selling a heater core to me and for the advice on tackling the job myself. It is great to have heat again. :rockon:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I found this in my profile message board and pasted it here. Thanks Dwight anytime.
dwight.brown - Today 03:43 PM - permalink View Conversation Report Thanks for a job well done, yet again, no smell of oil. You replaced the valve cover gaskets, cam seals, cam cups, cam tensioner seals, ignition coil, the battery, not to mention the sway bar that was hanging because the stealership didn't secure it properly. Thanks for a great job at a great price. It's a long haul, but I have never had any problems with the work that you've performed on my car. And you done a far share of work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi 98greendash,

I'm looking to have a timing belt service for my 2008 Passat turbo at 118k+.

Are you still providing this service? Could you send me a PM with your contact info? I'll provide the parts.

Thanks.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
guys, if you are within a reasonable driving distance of Jamie and don't do your own wrenching, you ought to give him a shout. he's well worth it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would just like to thank Jamie for a great job today. Found timing belt with 4 cracks in it. Now I even have heat. It is very reassuring to watch someone work who is a master at their craft...Jim

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Would just like to thank Jamie for a great job today. Found timing belt with 4 cracks in it. Now I even have heat. It is very reassuring to watch someone work who is a master at their craft...Jim
No problem man. You need to stop down with that Ty sometime. I will get David to bring his up too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jamie does great work at a great price. he diagnosed a CEL problem by the sound it made. That check engine light has dogged me for over a year now. He changed the timing belt, water pump, and related parts that were wearing out.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Jamie does great work at a great price. he diagnosed a CEL problem by the sound it made. That check engine light has dogged me for over a year now. He changed the timing belt, water pump, and related parts that were wearing out.
No problem thats what Im here for.=)

121 - 140 of 173 Posts