Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a factory trained tech that got fed up with the dealership rat race.I work at an independant shop working on VW and AUDI.All the parts I use are quality pieces no ching chang China rip-offs.Quick turn around and will keep old parts for your inspection. I do 2.0,1.8t,2.8,2.7,4.2,3.0 VW,AUDI,as well as diesel powered cars. I do G,J,NB,PASSAT,TT,A4,A6,A8 and yes E-van
G,J,NB 2.0 t-belts $ 450,1.8t $550,TDI $600
PASSAT 1.8t $600,v6 $700
E-van $450
V8 AUDI $800,S4 and other V6 AUDIs $700,3.0 750,TT $600,1.8t A4 $600
I had to raise my prices due to parts cost going up or you can provide your own parts.
Passat,A4 heater cores $550 parts and labor.MK4, MK3, B3 and B4 heater cores $450.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I am a factory trained tech that got fed up with the dealership rat race.I work at an independant shop working on VW and AUDI.All the parts I use are quality pieces no ching chang China rip-offs.Quick turn around and will keep old parts for your inspection. I do 2.0,1.8t,2.8,2.7,4.2,3.0 VW,AUDI,as well as diesel powered cars. I do G,J,NB,PASSAT,A4,A6,A8 and yes E-van
G,J,NB 2.0 t-belts $ 450,1.8t $500,TDI $600
PASSAT 1.8t $550,v6 $650
E-van $450
V8 AUDI $700,S4 and other V6 AUDIs $650,TT $500,1.8t A4 $550

It's a shame there aren't more folks like you in my area! Bump for a great price!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a factory trained tech that got fed up with the dealership rat race.I work at an independant shop working on VW and AUDI.All the parts I use are quality pieces no ching chang China rip-offs.Quick turn around and will keep old parts for your inspection. I do 2.0,1.8t,2.8,2.7,4.2,3.0 VW,AUDI,as well as diesel powered cars. I do G,J,NB,PASSAT,A4,A6,A8 and yes E-van
PASSAT 1.8t $550,v6 $650
E-van $450
Thanks 98greendash for your excellent service replacing my Passat's TB... This cost about 1/3 of what I was quoted at the dealership! Anyone in the Reading/Lancaster, PA area should PM 98greendash for quality work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TB replacement for 00 V6 Passat

Hi 98greendash,

I need to have my TB replaced on my 00 V6 Passat. I don't have enough posts to PM you so let me know the best way to contact you to discuss price, when you would be able to perform the replacement, and how long the replacement would take.

Regards,

Panek

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just have my timing belt done today by 98greendash I drove 20 miles home and everything works fine. Job well done will be using your service again soon.:thumbup:

Car:
Passat 1999 V6
Belt changed at 166k

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just have my timing belt done today by 98greendash I drove 20 miles home and everything works fine. Job well done will be using your service again soon.:thumbup:

Car:
Passat 1999 V6
Belt changed at 166k
Thank you ,just let me know when you are ready for the other repair we discussed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
timing belt

98greendash,

Hi, I'm looking to have my timing belt (water pump, etc.) changed for my 2001passat, are you still providing that service, and if so can you send me a PM with your contact info (I can't send PM's yet as I haven't posted enough)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
need Timing Belt service in Pittsburgh PA

Do you provide or know anyone who can provide complete timing belt service with water pump and t-stat etc in Pittsburgh, PA?

How far are u from Pittsburgh

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98greendash,

Hi, I'm looking to have my timing belt (water pump, etc.) changed for my 2001passat, are you still providing that service, and if so can you send me a PM with your contact info (I can't send PM's yet as I haven't posted enough)?

Thanks,
PM sent:thumbup:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you provide or know anyone who can provide complete timing belt service with water pump and t-stat etc in Pittsburgh, PA?

How far are u from Pittsburgh
Unfortunatly I am about 4 hours from Pittsburg but if you are willing to travel I will provide you the service you need while you wait.PM me if interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quality Service!

I just had my TB changed by 98greendash, he did a great job, everything went smoothly. I would recommend his services to anyone looking to get high-quality repair work done at very reasonable prices:thumbup:. I will be using him again in the near future for a few other repairs:wrench:.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just had my TB changed by 98greendash, he did a great job, everything went smoothly. I would recommend his services to anyone looking to get high-quality repair work done at very reasonable prices:thumbup:. I will be using him again in the near future for a few other repairs:wrench:.
Thank you,I will contact you tomorrow with the prices for the parts needed for your other repairs.:thumbup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
PASSAT 1.8t $550,v6 $650
E-van $450
I will do a TB job this year. Just want to ask what are the parts included in the price for a '99 V6.

Thanks!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I do this service the parts I replace are as follows:
T-belt
2 rollers
hydrolic tensioner
water pump
thermostat
serp belt
cam seals

You can also order your own kit from ECS Tuning and your labor cost for the job is $350
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had 98greendash replace the following on my '01 V6:
Radiator
Cam Adjuster Seals
Valve Cover Gaskets
Heating Core

Everything went smoothly, and the turn-around time was great considering the labor involved to replace the heating core. Next time I need service I won't hesitate to use 98greendash again! It feels good to have heat again.....just in time for summer, oh well, better late than never.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
About this Discussion
172 Replies
71 Participants
miles2go
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing