Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a long weekend replacing my timing belt, tensioner, pullys, water pump, coolant and doing other odds and ends on my 2000 V6 wagon.

While doing so I broke the clip that holds the micro switch on the hood release. This tells your alarm the hood is closed. I got a new clip but can’t figure out how it goes back together.

Can anyone give me any guidance? For example, is the clip on the radiator or engine side of the hood latch? Is the microswitch on the same side of the latch as the clip? There are two tabs in the switch, these mate up with the holes in the clip? Any other clues?

My timing belt replacement won’t be complete till I get this stupid switch back on!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Here is a picture of the clip installed from when the TB was done. Hope that helps.

I took the picture before I removed it because it was going to be disassembled 3 weeks and I knew I would forget how it was installed.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If that was your biggest problem on the Tbelt install, that is not a FAIL, just a small bump in the road.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful....thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

I took pictures of a lot of the components before I took them apart. Didn't take a picture of the clip switch cuz it seemed so....obvious. Then I broke it! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts