Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a lot of us are not getting close to the time of replacing the timing belt and I was wondering if someone can organize a timing belt groupbuy.

Who'd be interested in a groupbuy and who'd can organize it?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am this spring. At 53K now. I have an AUG engine and the ECS tuning ultimate belt kit is lookin good :D

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I believe ECS already has these on special, the whole kit that is. Here in Colorado we just had a full hardcore replace 6 TB garage day the other week. I believe everyone got the kit from ECS.

Maybe they can cut you a better deal, but the price is (was) pretty good last I checked.

·
Registered
631 Posts
We tried to get a GB on TB's through ECS but Brian was not interested in running a GB. He said he "set the prices on these kits extremely competitive so there is not much room to move on the prices." We had about 10 people interested and 6 actually bought and replaced their TB.

Not to put a damper on this but it might save you some time or a headache...who knows, ECS could pull through...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm down for a V6 kit, since I was already planning on getting one. Has anyone contacted ECS yet? If not, I will try to get this going. This would be 1.8T and V6, and will be two lists I assume, since the have a slight vary in price. I hope this goes, cause I'm always down to save some Benjamin's. :lol:
EDIT: I JUST SENT THEM AN EMAIL

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
does anyone know another place to get a timing belt kit from? ECS won't lower prices for a group buy. They're prices are good, but it never hurts to try for better.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had the timing belt, tensioner and the fan belt replaced last week at the dealer for a 99 V6 and the parts were less then $260. I will check and let you guys know. Am I missing any other parts? Wondering why it is $260 for the V6? The belts were like $30-40 each and the tensioner was like $90.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I guess I am not including the water pump as that was covered by the warranty for me :p ! I guess $260 may be a good price then :thumbup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm quoted $850.00 including the water pump. The parts were listed at $420 and the rest is labor. What was the total including labor?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
1 - 20 of 159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
158 Replies
52 Participants
soundguybob
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing