Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
how old is your battery? i just went through this a month ago...

sears sells an "international" battery with 700 CCA (as i recall) for about $95. i hate sears, so i kept on looking around....

i bought and "international" battery spec'd for the B5.5 with 875 CCA at Autozone for $59...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just had to get one today... Got the Run of the Mill Duralast from Autozone for $63 after tax. 875 CCA if I remember correctly. I'd have to go check again. Anyway works, great 2 year replacement and 7year prorated warrenty.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up an Optima Red Top battery from Costco for $100. Now, how do I hold it down to the stock mounting location? There is no 'ledge' on the side of battery like the OEM. Any ideas?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey, I saw an ad in Sears for these new Spiral batteries, they can be mounted in any position and are leakproof...like $130 though...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jdubu81 said:
i have the yellow top and some might say i should do what im doing. but its just sitting there.. the damn thing is so damn heavy i dont think its going anywhere... did you get the R? or just the standard red top...
Just the standard red top. I really need to figure out how to hold this battery down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
pancreas
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing