Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the wheel and tire forum, but i'll try it here. How hard is it to replace the tie rod end, the two upper control arms and the wheel berrriing on the drivers side

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Not that hard, but you ought to both

A. Call your dealer with your VIN and have it checked for existing outstanding recalls for the tie rods

B. Wait a while and see if your car also falls under the recall they're about to start for control arms

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sharky said:
B. Wait a while and see if your car also falls under the recall they're about to start for control arms
I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be waiting a loooong time for this control arm recall, since the initial information doesn't say anything about replacing the control arms.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Triumph said:
Sharky said:
I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be waiting a loooong time for this control arm recall, since the initial information doesn't say anything about replacing the control arms.
You may be right.

I don't have any official information myself, yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Sharky
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing