Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that companies are offering ticketless tickets for concert events emailed to you, how can you prevent getting ripped off?

I'm looking to purchase tickets for an upcoming concert and the sellers are willing to email me the tickets after purchase. Is there any way to tell if they're selling the same ticket numerous times and e-mailing them to multiple people? I just don't want to get scammed, Thanks

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
dme79 said:
I'm looking to purchase tickets for an upcoming concert and the sellers are willing to email me the tickets after purchase. Is there any way to tell if they're selling the same ticket numerous times and e-mailing them to multiple people? I just don't want to get scammed, Thanks
Nope. They can simply take the bar code and chop it onto other tickets, or just reprint the same tickets, and sell them over and over again. First person to use the bar code at the event wins.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Buy from a reputable source, as with anything. As much as I hate Ticketmaster and the exorbitant fees they charge, they're probably your safest bet when going for tickets.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Medrosje said:
Nope. They can simply take the bar code and chop it onto other tickets, or just reprint the same tickets, and sell them over and over again. First person to use the bar code at the event wins.
thats what i'm worried about. i don't want to take a date to a sold out show and get there and the ticket was already used.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Medrosje said:
i believe Ticketmaster has a rule that if the barcode is used more then once, all parties involved get kicked out. so first one wins temporarily.

but yeah, i dont like buying tickets that are not "real" from private parties. anything printed out or emailed worries me.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There is no more security in buying them if they are ticketed, because the seller could just have multiple listings for the same tickets, and just never send them. The only difference is that you wouldn't have to go to the concert to figure out you had been ripped off.

I don't see ticketless as being less safe than the regular paper tickets as far as not getting ripped off goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts