Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum.

I have just recently purchased a B6 2006 and am getting a thumping noise from my rear tyre (driver side). My mechanic worked out that the tyre is not completely round so as it goes over the uneven part I get this slight thumpwhich resonates into the cabin.

Is anyone getting this and how can this happen on one fairly new tyre a Continental Contact 2,

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll have to admit that it is pretty disappointing to have a tire become out of round or to have the tread split.

Sometimes the car isn't set up just quite right (camber or alignment), and this many of times can't be cured. (No car will ever be perfect)
Sometimes you happen to get a bad tire.

The only way to try to avoid this on any car is to rotate your tires (I say every two oil changes);
And you should be fine.

You'll have to replace the tire unfortunately, whether it be with a new or used one.
Just make sure your drive wheels always have tires with the same tread wear on them.

I should ask how "new" this tire is. There's a reasonable chance for a tire to go out of round or split on any car within 15,000 miles easy if not rotated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.