Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I lowered my front suspension about 1/2 inch, and after I finished, I heard a thumping noise coming from the front axle area when I brake and when I use the transmission to slow me down (manual tranny). I never took it about a speed of 20 because something was not right... I took both the front wheels off then and looked around and didnt see anything visually wrong. I then rotated the front tires and took it for a drive again. There is now a thump noise coming from the passenger side front wheel area while braking and slowing down. I took that wheel off and put on the spare tire. Now the thumping is coming from the REAR axle!!!! AHH! WTF?

Could this be something to do with the ebrake? I put the ebrake on before I jack the car up and put it on stands and the rear has always squeeked as im jacking it up, nothing new.

Any ideas about what this could be?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont even want to admit how dumb and lucky i am.......

maybe i should rethink doing a turbo swap this weekend, considering i dont even know how to torque down wheels.... im retarded.

please, lock and delete this thread lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.