Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue what the p1250 code is other then it says low fuel level on the scan tool. As for the p1136 I have noticed that the long term fuel trim is steady at all times on the scan too, it is stuck at -10.8. Shouldn't it change with rpm?

I also have a no boost condition, but my boost leak check checked out.

where should I start with diagnosing these codes. I can clear them, but they come back within a day or two.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would start by checking all your vacuum hoses and connections for splits or breaks. If they all check out and if you have access to a scan tool that you can watch live data on you can check how the mass air is performing. I'll copy and paste the specs from my program at work...

4. Check Mass Airflow sensor grams/second readings as follows:

A. Idle (about 810 RPM) 3.5 grams/sec or more (4 to 4.5 grams/sec preferred).

B. 2500 RPM no load, 9 to 15 grams/sec (11 to 12 grams/sec preferred).

C. Wide open throttle road load (drive vehicle at 45 mph in 3rd gear and perform a wide open throttle acceleration, observe maximum indicated grams/sec readings on the MAF) 90 or more grams/sec preferred.

if the readings are lower than it may see a lean condition and set the code. if that's the case you can give cleaning it a shot or just replace it. Definitely start by checking all of your vacuum hoses thoroughly though. I would try to get the p1136 straightened out first and the p1250 may not come back after. Hope this helps, let me know how you make out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts