Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:poke:
I was just wondering does anyone have a slight pause when you get on the gas. Mine does and it drives me crazy i.e. people riding with me think I can't drive cause the gas kicks in a lil hard.:banghead:

·
Registered
14 Posts
its because of drive by wire (in vw group it's called as EPC) . it's normal :) also if you push brake with your left foot when you re accelerating you can feel the system :)

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
:poke:
I was just wondering does anyone have a slight pause when you get on the gas. Mine does and it drives me crazy i.e. people riding with me think I can't drive cause the gas kicks in a lil hard.:banghead:
What do you mean by "slight pause" and "get on the gas"? Is your "EPC" light on? Do your rpms change (drop) when you experience this? There should be no noticeable "pause" or hesitation in throttle response. Maybe your talking about turbo lag or response. What year? engine? transmission? miles? The drive-by-wire (EPC) response should be immediate with no discernible pause or hesitation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I test drove the B6 back in July, I noticed the lag while taking off. It happened in two different car dealership. The 2nd one was not as noticeable. When I got my B6 2.0T, Tip in Sept. I almost didn't notice the lag. It's not there and is much better than the ones I test drove. Apparently there's a fix for the 3.6 models but none for the 2.0T yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah the TSB will take care of about 70% of the hesitation. Makes it liveable although it still doesn't feel 'right'.

IMO it also made the throttle application under all conditions more linear.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
When I test drove the B6 back in July, I noticed the lag while taking off. It happened in two different car dealership. The 2nd one was not as noticeable. When I got my B6 2.0T, Tip in Sept. I almost didn't notice the lag. It's not there and is much better than the ones I test drove. Apparently there's a fix for the 3.6 models but none for the 2.0T yet.
More lag then typically turbo lag? The 2.0T Passat I drove (admittedly I've only drive one) actually seemed like it lagged less then my 1.8T does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't say more or less because I've never driven a turbo before. But, all I can say is that my B6 has much less lag than the ones I've test driven! Which is excellent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts