Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lip on the upper part of the throttle body in the barrel, which when you actually have it apart from the manifold you can see the restriction that it actually causes... :???:

There is also another really minor lip in the outlet as well...

with the lip still intact, if you face the TB up against a light, and barely open up the throttle. You will only see light towards the bottom of the barrel.

Now witht this modd, it should take less pressure on the pedal, a little movement will open up the TB just enough to be equal to the original design... i think no one has tried to perform this , and what affects it has to the motor.... but i guess as soon as i place it in its place ... ill let you guys now how i did the modd (which is self explained) and what good or bad affects i get out of it..

here are some pics...

P.S. Anyone have a extra TB... lol.. :lol:

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK... GOOD OR BAD??
For got to add, the butterfly and barrel are polished...

lol

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i think it sounds like i good idea. make sure u dyno before and after to make sure , but dynos say the car is faster after a new sticker or washing :crazy: .

but who knows why the crazy vw engineers do what they do, maybe it makes the air travel faster or some sh*t like that :???:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XSuROsISX said:
Doing this modification will make no powergain whatsoever and probly cuase your car to idle like shit, I wouldn't even waste my time on it.
Actually the lip has been removed.... but i hope you understand what i mean by lip..... its before the plate of course. its located on top only.

i didnt not touch the seat where the butterfly would sit closed... so im not sure why it would caust a CEL or a rough idle... but i hope it doesnt..

Has anyone else attempted this mod.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
There are some old threads out there concerning TB modification - see what you can come up with using "search" (but I couldn't come up with anything).

I'm not sure what you mean by "lip". IIRC there is a "ramp" that people have removed, resulting in a loss of HP.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rusty said:
There are some old threads out there concerning TB modification - see what you can come up with using "search" (but I couldn't come up with anything).

I'm not sure what you mean by "lip". IIRC there is a "ramp" that people have removed, resulting in a loss of HP.
that ramp is what i have removed... i've heard that it cause restriction.
I hope i didnt make a mistake in removing it. :???:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
vteccured said:
Rusty said:

that ramp is what i have removed... i've heard that it cause restriction.
I hope i didnt make a mistake in removing it. :???:
Well, I guess we'll find out! When will you get to drive it/dyno it and see?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was hoping this weekend, but the guy doing my port and polish on the IC , manifold, went on vacation... will only return on friday..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
vteccured
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing